Sunday, March 2, 2014

THE CRY OF A NIGERIAN GAY

When I had my first girlfriend at age 18, it was the most perfect thing, we were so much in love, I was ready to give her everything she need except one thing she most crave for, which is sex. When ever she forces me to kiss her, I feel weird, cos I don't like it. Initially I thought it was a normal thing, saying to myself that "I'm not ready", but my total thinking change for the worst when I lost interest in the opposite sex and crave for my own kind. In my second year in college, I saw the new guy that was transfer to our school. My first eye contact on him was like; "that of a lady that just finish making sweet love for the very first time". I walk up to him after 2weeks of his arrival to be friend with him, He took it normally, but I discover I was always wanting to be around him even though we were in different class. I spend all my spare time with him talking and having fun, until the day we were together on a saturday when I went to his house for a visit, and he took me into his room, while playing, he said he want to pee, that I should come see something that he will do. We went into the toilet, he unzip, and I watch him as he play with his pee, raising his cute penis up when, he was done washing his hands, he turn towards me, hold my face with his two hand and said "please don't get mad with what I'm about to do" he place his lips on mine and started kissing me. We kissed for 2minute, and all through, I did not let go. For the first time, though weird to me but I just love it. We went on for months, doing that in secret, all the girls in our lives where so mad that both of us are too proud like we were the most cute guys on planet earth. It went on for years we got admitted to the same university, staying together now was cool, not until recently that the law against gay right in nigeria was ban. Homosexuals in Nigeria have continued to suffer discrimination and brutality which escalated following the criminalisation of same sex relationships. One faithful day while we were in our room in school sleeping in Port Harcourt, the capital of Rivers, we heard noise outside our front pouch, and a heavy random knock on our front door, we open, and lo and behold, we saw a mob of people. While we were still trying to come to reality of what's happening, Stone and object was thrown at us at random interval, and four guys dragged us outside into the midst of the mob. We were tortured like criminals. Siting in the midst of the mob, we were just like a "lamb sent to the slaughter house" we were allegedly forced to make love in public while residents watched and filmed the act with there camera phones and other gadgets. This incident occurred on the 28 of January 2014. We were forced out of our home and they made us make love while being filmed on camera phones. The security personnel that were suppose to protect us so that we don't get beating to pup or killed before being taken to the police station for our "so called sin" were jeering on the explicit video as they make us masturbate each other and then have anal sex outside. A large crowd of onlookers gathered to watch us get humiliated. After we had sex, they started beating us, tyre was thrown around our necks, and I said something to my self at that moment. "My end has come" with blood gushing from my friends head, all I could see was object flying from above and landing on either my body or his body. We cried for help, but our voice was overcrowded by the mob, and nobody was ready to even listen to us. Rope was tied on our private part, and drawn to drag us on the ground from our compound to the road side far away from where we could get help. It was hell on earth. At that moment my wish was for the ground to open and swallow me, I pleaded for death, but none of that happen. After being beaten for over an hour, we became so tired and helpless, batted with our own blood and tears, I lay lifeless. I look to the sky ones and say "God you are watching this" I never made myself a gay, I don't know why you made me this way. I remember a portion in the bible that says we were created in God's image, what I don't understand was why am I the way I am. That was all I could remember until when I gain consciousness and open my eyes at about 4:00am or there about the following morning, I turn my head to my right and left, looking for my friend, I couldn't see him, I struggled to stand up gently on my kneels with pains all over my body, I dragged my self on the mare floor looking for him. I saw an object far away, I crawl towards it and find my friend lying lifeless there. Placed my ear on his chest to listen to his heart beat, but he was as cold as a frozen food. His body was all out of place, every part of him difigured I could hardly recognise him. I cried and when the day was getting brighter, I struggle to drag myself into a nearby bush, where I hid for four days without food and water. How I survive those horrible hours and days of my life is still a mystery. I was able to gain my strength to run away from that town. I heard the footage was shared on social media. I did not make myself to be gay. Wish I could be normal. I was born this way. Why I survived that day is still a mystery. God should have just allow me die, there by granting the evil wish of the angry mob over what I never made myself to be. I will ask God if he made me like this when I finally see him. To my friend, brother and love DAN. I will always love you for the end of time. WE NEVER MADE OUR SELF GAY. WRITTEN BY SIMPA SAINT SAMSONS

No comments:

Post a Comment